Topics in Forensic Science (TIFS) Conference @ HCIFS
- June 13, 2019 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences presents the 2019 Topics in Forensic Science (TIFS) Conference: Forensic Biology & DNA – Current Trends and Emerging Practices, providing a forum to promote education and research, to discuss current and emerging investigative techniques in forensic biology & DNA, and to encourage interdisciplinary communication in the forensic sciences.
Which to Use: Familial DNA, Genealogy, or Genetic Phenotype in Forensic Investigations
- Rockne Harmon, J.D., Forensic/Cold Case Consultant
Cold Case Solved: Identification of a Suspect for the Golden State Killer
Using Investigative Genealogy
- Barbara Rae-Venter, J.D., Ph.D., Investigative Genealogy Consultant
Cold Case Investigation: Christy Mirack
- Christine Wilson, J.D., Assistant District Attorney,
- Christopher Erb, Detective, and
- Larry Martin, Detective, Office of the District Attorney of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences (HCIFS)
1861 Old Spanish Trail, Houston, TX 77054
Jasmine Jefferson, M.S., HCIFS Training & Development Manager