TMCx Demo Day
Thursday, Nov. 17, 2016
2:00 PM – 8:00 PM
2–3 p.m. | Registration & Networking
3–5 p.m. | Welcome & Startup Pitches
5–8 p.m. | Startup Showcase & Networking
TMC Innovation Institute
2450 Holcombe Boulevard, Suite X
Houston, TX 77021
On August 8, 2016, the Texas Medical Center (TMC) Innovation Institute welcomed 10 startups to its accelerator program, which for the first time is focusing exclusively on medical devices. TMCx is designed to assist participating companies by connecting founders with the best mentors, resources, and expertise needed to make their commercial efforts a success.
You’re invited to see the TMCx medical device startups showcase their products spanning key areas, such as smart surgical tools, connected devices, and next gen diagnostic and drug delivery platforms, at TMCx Demo Day on November 17, 2016. You do not want to miss this opportunity to preview the cutting-edge in medical device innovation.
- Allotrope Medical | Provides precise ureter identification during minimally invasive surgery.
- Bloom Labs | A credit-card sized rescue inhaler for asthmatics.
- Blumio | Developed a sensor that can measure blood pressure continuously, without the need to rely on the use of an inflatable cuff.
- Briteseed | Developed smart surgical tools that make surgeons more confident.
- Flexios | Provides streamlined surgical solutions for tendon repair that improve strength, smoothness, and patient satisfaction.
- IntuiTap Medical | A handheld device that eliminates the guesswork from spinal taps.
- Otricath | A closed-loop catheter system that changes the rules in the delivery of treatment for liver cancer.
- NovaScan | Pioneering an oncology diagnostic platform that provides highly accurate, instantaneous detection of cancer without capital equipment.
- Voyager Biomedical | Creating a better solution for vascular access in dialysis patients.
- WeaRobot | An active exoskeleton for seniors and the physically impaired.