Summer Rice University Virtual Machine Learning Boot Camp
|Next Event:||August 7, 2020||8 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days|
Date: August 6-7, 2020 | 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
This virtual two-day boot camp will provide a broad introduction to Machine Learning (ML) from an executive perspective. Our goal is to give a manager or a CEO in a field such as medicine, finance, manufacturing, or energy an introduction to the essential concepts behind Machine Learning. Taught by a team of Rice professors in the computational sciences, the Machine Learning Boot Camp will integrate lectures describing the basic concepts to state-of-the-art Machine Learning.
By the end of the boot camp, participants will be familiar with the following topics:
– What is ML? What is it good for?
– Fundamentals of ML (training/testing/validation, loss functions, featurization, regularization), along with the basics of optimization.
– ML models: linear regression, logistic regression, kernel methods, support vector machines, clustering methods, dimensionality reduction techniques.
– Decision trees, random forests, ensemble methods, boosting and bagging.
– Fundamentals of Deep Learning: basic feedforward neural networks and the perceptron, optimization methods in neural networks and backpropagation, convolutional neural networks, autoencoders and variational autoencoders, recurrent neural networks and LSTMs, generative models and GANS.
– Reinforcement learning and its applications in deep learning.
Register now to secure your spot! Visit bootcamp.rice.edu.