Diabetic Foot Global Conference 2018
DFCon is the premier international, interdisciplinary diabetic foot conference in North America. In its 18th year, the course is designed for the wide spectrum of generalists and specialists who diagnose and manage the diabetic foot. Didactic talks, panel discussions, Q&A sessions, specialty symposia and workshops will delve into diagnostic and interventional strategies for diabetic foot ulcers and amputation prevention. Featuring a world-renowned international faculty, DFCon offers the opportunity to review state-of-the-art concepts and techniques.
- Identify updated information to provide patient care in its discipline of vascular surgery.
- Explain new techniques in collaborating and communicating when working with teams to ensure best practices in patient care, education and research in vascular surgery.
- Apply quality improvement in areas in vascular surgery.
- Utilize updated information as outlined in program as related to vascular surgery diagnosis and diseases.
- Outline on new techniques and studies along with innovative approaches related to patient care, medical knowledge, practice-based learning and improvement, and system based practices.
Edward James Olmos Award
A centerpiece of the conference is the presentation of the Edward James Olmos Award for Advocacy in Amputation Prevention. The award is named in honor of the celebrated actor and director Edward James Olmos, who has been active in raising awareness of the ravages of diabetes and the importance of limb preservation in the Latino community. Every male member of Olmos’s family, including his father and all of his uncles, has either died or lost limbs as a result of diabetes. He has made it a personal mission to educate his community, which has one of the highest rates of diabetes and limb amputation.
For more information and registration, visit: https://dfcon.com/
Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria
2222 West Loop S, Houston, TX 77056
832 355 9100