4th Annual Sawyer Pancreato-Biliary and Gastrointestinal Cancer Symposium
|Completed Event:||December 7, 2019|
The goal of this Symposium is to understand how cholangiocarcinoma, other biliary pancreatic cancers, and gastrointestinal malignancy can be best managed by clinicians in this area. During this international Symposium, the experts from various regions of the world will share the findings of their research, clinical experience, and recommendations regarding these cancers. We expect this symposium will change the practice of the attendees who will acquire the state-of-the-art clinical information about the diseases, thus improving the overall survival of patients with the diseases.
After attending the conference, participants should be able to
- Assess the complex nature of the biliary pancreatic cancers (Knowledge);
- Understand what diagnostic tools are available and when to order them (Knowledge, Competence);
- Incorporate the available medical,radiational, surgical, and endoscopic therapies into patient care (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Assess the potential complications of each therapeutic modality (Knowledge, Competence);
- Incorporate the concept of team approach in managing GI cancers (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes).
- Panel Discussions
- Question and Answer Sessions
A course evaluation survey will provide participants with the opportunity to comment on the value of the program content to their practice decisions, performance improvement activities, or possible impact on patient health status. Participants will also have the opportunity to comment on any perceived commercial bias in the presentations as well as to identify future educational topics.