2019 Texas Medical Center Health Policy Course (Jan. 15 – April 16)
- January 15, 2019 Debunking the Health Policy Myths
- January 22, 2019 State and Local Health Policy Objectives and Methods
- January 29, 2019 How Health Policy is Made
- February 5, 2019 Access to Care and Health Insurance Coverage
- February 12, 2019 Financing, Payment, and Cost
- February 19, 2019 Quality of Care
- February 26, 2019 Safety Net Programs
- March 5, 2019 The Public Health System
- March 12, 2019 U.S. Health Policy Methods
- Next Event: March 26, 2019 Social Determinants of Health
- April 2, 2019 Ethical Dilemmas in Health Policy
- April 9, 2019 Health Care Workforce
- April 16, 2019 National Health Reform
The 2019 TMC Health Policy Course is a first-of-its-kind collaboration between the Texas Medical Center’s academic institutions. The course teaches students the fundamentals of U.S. health policy and provides them with the background and context they need to analyze the most pressing health policy challenges facing the country today.
All sessions are held Tuesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Texas Medical Center executive office, located on the 6th floor of 6550 Bertner Avenue, Houston, TX 77030. Free garage parking is available. Attendance is free and open to the public.
Please register for each session you plan on attending by visiting https://2019healthpolicycourse.eventbrite.com.
To watch a live stream, and for more information on each session, visit https://www.tmc.edu/health-policy/course/
6550 Bertner Ave., Houston, TX 77030