2018 Emerging Topics in Liver Disease Conference
The epidemic of liver disease has become increasingly more common and poses complex problems in their diagnosis and management. This CME activity has been designed to provide attendees with relevant information regarding new developments in hepatology and new approaches to management of liver diseases that can be readily be integrated into their daily practice. A group of national experts, including several renowned guest faculty will present new findings in a clinical context that will be beneficial in the multidisciplinary management of unique and complex liver disorders. There are recent advances in the diagnosis and management of patients with liver disease for Primary Care Physicians, Gastroenterologists, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other health care providers.
This course, in addition to lecture format presentations, will provide interactive instructional presentations, debate and panel discussions, Q and A sessions, case discussions and utilize an interactive audience response system. These sessions will provide a valuable learning opportunity.
This conference is designed for primary care physicians, internists, hepatologists, gastroenterologists, oncologists, nurses, nurse Practitioners and physician assistants.
- Explain the current management of a liver mass and how to evaluate drug and supplement induced liver injury.
- Describe the advancements in the current management of the nutritional needs of liver patients in 2018.
- Identify the trends of obesity and fatty liver disease to determine the latest treatment options and management.
- Discuss current developments and treatments of hepatocellular carcinoma –an emerging epidemic and how it relates to primary care needs of the liver patient.
- Evaluate current treatment modalities to develop additional effective treatment algorithms for management of HCV and HBV patients.
For more information and registration, visit https://events.houstonmethodist.org/liverdiseaseconference
Royal Sonesta Hotel
2222 West Loop S.
Houston, Texas 77027