18th Oncology Update: Advances and Controversies
- January 17, 2020 01/20/2020
After attending the conference, participants should be able to
- Interpret and incorporate the novel therapies in the treatment for solid tumors including Breast Cancer, Gastrointestinal Cancer, Lung Cancer, Head and Neck Cancr, Genitourinary Cancer, and Melanoma (Utilize an appropriate sequence for surgical, radiation and chemotherapeutic intervention into the treatment of head & neck cancer, gastrointestinal malignancies, melanoma, lung cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, sarcoma, and genitourinary cancers (Knowledge, Competence, Performance);
- Describe and apply an optimal treatment approach when given patient scenarios representing a range of disease stages, clinical presentations and comorbidities (Knowledge, Competence, Performance, Patient Outcomes);
- Incorporate preventive, screening and symptom control modalities in oncology care (Knowledge, Competence, Performance)
- Identify patients who will appropriately benefit from novel therapies in the treatment of solid tumors (Knowledge);
- Utilize the different surgical, radiation, and systemic treatments including immunotherapies and molecular-targeted therapies for cancers at varying stages of disease (Knowledge, Competence).
This educational conference will address the advances and controversies in the care of patients with various malignancies through interactive presentations by experts in different oncology disciplines including surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation oncology, pathology, radiology, cancer screening/prevention, and symptom management. The management of solid tumors and hematologic malignancies continues to evolve and clinicians needs to stay abreast of developments that positively impact patient care and outcomes. Previously-accepted standards are continuously being re-examined and new advances are being incorporated into the care of oncology patients.
At the end of this activity, healthcare professionals caring for cancer patients in different stages will be able to assess and utilize therapies and be knowledgeable of the preclinical and clinical data supporting the development and integration of new therapies into practice and be able to measure the clinical effectiveness and outcomes of treatment modalities.
- Question and Answer Sessions
- Case Presentations
- Meet the Professor Sessions
Steamboat Grand Hotel
23 Mt. Werner Circle, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487