Top TMC News stories online in 2019
The new year fast approaches and TMC News would like to thank all the people who visited our website in 2019 and read our stories.
From flesh-eating bacteria to one woman’s journey back from a brain injury, our top 10 articles covered a lot of ground. Some of the stories are short and data-driven; others are long-form narratives that paint detailed pictures of patients with medical challenges.
If you missed any of our top 10 stories of 2019, no worries—we’ve listed them below. With links!
Happy new year. We’ll be back in 2020.
TMC News Top Online Stories of 2019
- How to avoid flesh-eating bacteria at the beach this summer: https://www.tmc.edu/news/2019/07/how-to-avoid-flesh-eating-bacteria-at-the-beach-this-summer/ (By Britni R. McAshan) (15,154 pageviews)
- FDA approves Spravato, a fast-acting antidepressant nasal spray: https://www.tmc.edu/news/2019/03/fda-approves-spravato-a-fast-acting-antidepressant-nasal-spray/ (By Shanley Pierce) (15,116 pageviews)
- FDA decides not to ban textured breast implants linked to cancer: https://www.tmc.edu/news/2019/04/textured-breast-implants-linked-to-cancer/ (By Shanley Pierce) (12,778 pageviews)
- “Breakthrough” documentary about Jim Allison Debuts at SXSW https://www.tmc.edu/news/2019/03/breakthrough-documentary-about-nobel-laureate-jim-allison-ph-d-debuts-at-sxsw/ (By Cindy George) (12,453 pageviews)
- Odds of dying: For the first time, opioid overdoses exceed car crashes: https://www.tmc.edu/news/2019/01/odds-of-dying-for-the-first-time-opioid-overdoses-exceed-car-crashes/ (By Shanley Pierce) (9,978 pageviews)
- Santa Fe Survivor: Inside the race to save Officer John Barnes: https://www.tmc.edu/news/2019/02/santa-fe-survivor-inside-the-race-to-save-officer-john-barnes/ (By Alexandra Becker) (9,545 pageviews)
- How long do transplanted organs last? https://www.tmc.edu/news/2019/04/how-long-do-transplanted-organs-last/ (By Britni R. McAshan) (6,560 pageviews)
- “Breakthrough” documentary debuts in Houston: https://www.tmc.edu/news/2019/09/breakthrough-documentary-about-nobel-laureate-jim-allison-debuts-in-houston/ (By Cindy George) (6,006 pageviews)
- Is kratom, the popular herbal supplement, dangerous? https://www.tmc.edu/news/2019/06/is-kratom-the-popular-herbal-supplement-dangerous/ (By Shanley Pierce) (5,819 pageviews)
- A light inside: Coming back after a brain injury: https://www.tmc.edu/news/2019/09/a-light-inside-coming-back-from-a-brain-injury/ (By Alexandra Becker) (4,956 pageviews)