The TMC Innovation Institute this week welcomed 23 digital health companies from three countries and nine states into its sixth TMCx accelerator class to begin a four-month program. They represent innovative solutions from applications for better patient experiences to a two-way texting platform aimed at eliminating phone tag between doctor’s offices and patients. The companies were hand-picked from more than 200 applications, and they join a community of more than 80 companies who have already gone through the program and have raised more than $150 million. Companies accepted into the new cohort include:
- Abaka Health (San Francisco) – Helps providers create a better end-to-end patient experience by bringing together the clinical and financial aspects of health care into one easy-to-use platform.
- Agathos (San Francisco) – Reduces unnecessary variation in hospital care via individualized metrics, actionable feedback and physician-led behavior change.
- well (Baltimore) – Empowers consumers by aggregating their health care data by providing incentivized care coordination, along with concierge and matching services.
- Deep 6 AI (Pasadena, Calif.) – Uses artificial intelligence on clinical data to increase the quantity of and find better-matched patients for clinical trials in minutes instead of months.
- DermaSensor (Miami) – Connected device that enables health care professionals and patients to efficiently check for skin cancer by leveraging cutting-edge technologies.
- Etyon Health (Chicago) – Artificial intelligence-enabled products and services that help health care leaders identify, improve and manage financial and patient outcomes faster and at a lower cost.
- Evidence Care (Nashville, Tenn.) – Clinical decision support tool that allows providers to access evidence-based treatment recommendations that are patient-focused, enhance the shared decision-making process and accelerate their EHR workflow.
- Gain Life (Boston) – Digital platform that uses personalized and adaptive behavior change programs to engage individuals in achieving better outcomes.
- Klikkit (Denmark) – Smart button and application that monitors, analyzes and improves habits and behaviors.
- Luminare (Houston) – Anti-sepsis SaaS that incorporates behavioral change and intelligence medical record augmentation.
- NarrativeDx (Austin) – Artificial intelligence platform designed to identify actionable insights from patient feedback to improve CAHPS scores, increase referrals and reduce nurse turnover.
- ORIntel (Houston) – Hardware and software solution that provides operational support and real-time operating room (OR) status to deliver a more cost-effective surgical suite to staff and patients.
- Particle Health (New York) – Blockchain-based platform that incentivizes health organizations to start sharing data in a decentralized, segmented and highly granular way.
- Patients We Share (Houston) – Workflow communication application which uses machine learning to foster connectivity within the health care ecosystem, aligning patients with the most appropriate providers, products and services.
- Revealix (Austin) – Innovative medical imaging software service designed to pioneer early discovery of diabetic limb complications, which is non-invasive, mobile and at the point-of-care.
- ScalaMed (Australia) – Next-generation blockchain solution for democratizing a patient’s health care data and creating an online market for medications.
- SenceTech (Austin) – Autonomous, continuous monitoring electrocardiogram and heart rate variability bracelet that uses a proprietary ECG/HRV cloud-based interpretation platform.
- Softcare Studios (Italy) – Immersive virtual-reality experience aimed at improving the well-being of patients undergoing painful and anxiety-provoking procedures during therapy.
- Strados Labs (Philadelphia) – Continuous breathing sensor that connects doctors with asthma and COPD patients to improve care management and remote patient monitoring.
- Sunrise Health (Boston) – Text-based group support for behavioral health patients that utilizes artificial intelligence tools to increase provider capacity and catch complications early.
- Trayt (Redwood City, Calif.) – Data collection and analytics company that provides insights and a daily road map to improve diagnosis, treatments and quality of life for patients with brain disorders.
- Trusted Health (San Francisco) – Opportunity platform for the modern nurse that connects top RNs to flexible nursing jobs at innovative employers.
- Well Health (Santa Barbara, Calif.) – An intuitive two-way texting platform for front offices and patients that eliminates phone tag and improves the health care experience.
Their first day began with an orientation from the Innovation Institute team and included a welcome lunch with TMCx advisors, time to get to know their fellow companies and concluded with a tour of the Texas Medical Center and presenting to special guests at Third Coast.
RAPID CITY, SD: World War II Veterans from across the Black Hills gather for annual luncheon https://t.co/XsO0DewfB1 via @NewsCenter1
Connecticut: West Haven Memorial Day parade to be led by Vietnam Veteran https://t.co/Fu8JWSJP6l via @nhregister
RT @FOX26Houston: UTHealth preps for approaching hurricane season https://t.co/Pk4HLVM4ny https://t.co/QoNMZxmcID
Today we honor Navy SEAL Veteran Scott Wirtz in remembrance of his service and sacrifice for our country. https://t.co/rkkOXObR3P #VeteranOfTheDay #CarryTheLoad #NoVeteranEverDies
10% of patients are admitted to MD Anderson with #pneumonia. Our @ScottEvansMD is working to protect #cancer patients from this and other lung diseases with a new aerosol treatment: https://t.co/Pbn9mjV7FT @CancerFrontline #endcancer
@obstudiotexas We appreciate your feedback and have shared your concern with the appropriate contact person.
RT @UHpres: After beating Texas A&M, Cougar Softball beats Sam Houston...will play winner of UT/TAMU tomorrow at chance to win out Texas Re…
RT @UHCougarSB: BALL GAMEEEEE!!!!!!!! @presbell17 retires the side in order and completes the shutout victory!!#hoUSton #GoCoogs https://…
RT @NCAAsoftball: The Coogs are heading to the Regional Finals for the first time since 2011! @UHCougarSB blanks Sam Houston State, 5-0, an…
Help give hope to patients against end-stage illnesses by investing in cancer research. Learn how you can help: https://t.co/4T5JCqKmZm #giving https://t.co/vFmZoE73jN
“We’re exploring the tremendous opportunities to understand the immune system and turn it against #prostatecancer tumors,” says our Dr. Filippo Giancotti. #pcsm #CancerMoonshot #endcancer https://t.co/kSvhY7RLR6
Congratulations to this year’s @MDA_UTHGrad graduates! We are proud of all that you’ve accomplished and look forward to seeing all that you do to #endcancer and advance the biomedical sciences in the years ahead. https://t.co/lWYhJk3zLd
CHI St. Luke's Health@CHI_StLukes
Cramps, bloating, mood swings... #PMS can be a pain, so check out some of our favorite tips for easing the discomfort: https://t.co/kRYPi3shyx #NWHW #WomensHealthWeek https://t.co/9FYXvDjXtD
Tiny object, BIG project. How a Rice photographer captured the perfect shot for the cover of @sciencemagazine: https://t.co/lvgpYNfXLm https://t.co/5sPrElM1Lw
Harris Health System@harrishealth
LBJ Hospital celebrated #NationalHospitalWeek with an ice cream sundae bar, popcorn, photo booth day and salsa tasting contest. https://t.co/9slCsNDHM3