TMC Innovation Session: VC Financing
Panelists: Casey Cunningham, Chief Scientific Officer, Sante Ventures – linkedin.com/in/casey-cunningham-23b10878
Blair Garrou, Managing Director, Mercury Fund – linkedin.com/in/bgarrou
Ray Choi, Partner, Head of Healthcare, The Valley Fund – linkedin.com/in/raymond-choi-7914a614
Topics for discussion:
• How to meet investors, pitch them, and what it really takes to get them to write you a check
• What should an initial pitch deck look like?
• The best and worst things an entrepreneur can do to get an investor’s attention during a pitch
• What is the expected timeline for a company exit?
• What milestones need to be achieved before exit?
• How much funding should a company estimate needing to achieve the exit milestones?
• Understand typical funding models and trends in funding terms.
• What are fair terms and marketing terms?
• What are terms should founders care about?
TMC Innovation Institute
2450 Holcombe Blvd., Houston, TX 77021