SpaceCom Entrepreneurship Workshop & Competition
SpaceCom is very excited to be hosting the inaugural Entrepreneurship Workshop and Competition to be held as part of SpaceCom all day on December 4, 2017 in Houston at the George R. Brown Convention Center.
During the workshop, investors, accelerators, and leading space industry professionals will share their experience as presenter and mentors. After the workshop, our industry judges will select the most promising entrepreneurs to be showcased throughout the SpaceCom 2017 conference program with a winner being declared by SpaceCom attendees on December 7th as part of the SpaceCom Conference.
The SpaceCom team has selected you and your company to be invited to participate in this workshop and competition.
Our full day workshop will show you how to:
- Refine the business plan
- Pitch the plan
- Identify investment sources
- Collaborate with attending mentors and judges
Workshop Faculty Includes:
- Stephan Reckie, Founding Managing Member, Angelus Funding
- Dr. Douglas Terrier, NASA, Acting Chief Technologist
- Dr. Sean Casey, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Silicon Valley Space Center
- Jane Lea Hicks, Accelerator Director, Houston Technology Center
- Peter Choi, Resource Supervising Patent Examiner, U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Ruben Derderian, Director, International Acceleration, Houston Technology Center
- Warren Bates, Director of Business Strategy & Portfolio Management, CASIS
- John S. Reale, Jr., Co-Founder & CEO, Station Houston
Prior to the workshop, entrepreneurs will be required to provide a Lean Business Model Canvas and a presentation deck provided to SpaceCom by November 20, 2017.
- 8.00 AM Check-in and Breakfast
- 8.30 AM Introductions and Expectations
- 8.45 AM The Habits of a Successful Entrepreneur
- 9.00 AM The Future of Space Commercialization Opportunities
- 9.30 AM Business Model Canvas Review and Actions
- 10.15 AM Break
- 10.30 AM Ideation / Validation, Value Proposition
- 11.00 AM Intellectual Property Review
- 11.30 AM Marketing / GotoMarket Strategy/Plan
- 12.00 PM Working Lunch with Questions and Answers
- 1.00 PM Access to Capital, Funding Strategy/Plan
- 2.00 PM Executive Summaries and Tips
- 3.00 PM Investor Presentations and Tips
- 5.00 PM Closing and Reception
The top 5 start-ups are selected by a panel committee headed by Stephan Reckie and will include a venture capitalist, angel investor, strategic investor, and an accelerator representative. The selected start-ups will present to SpaceCom attendees throughout the conference program and again during the Investors Panel on the final day of the conference.
During The SpaceCom Conference Program:
- Each of the top 5 selected start-ups is given 90 seconds to make a speed pitch during the SpaceCom conference program. The exact date and time are to be determined.
- SpaceCom attendees will vote on their favorite start-up. There is consideration for two winners – one selected by a panel and the other by popular vote.
- The finalists will present again on Thursday, December 7, 2017 as part of the Investor Panel and a prize will be awarded.
Participant Fee Structure and Registration:
Registration fee for the workshop and competition is $200 for start-ups and investors. Start-up companies will also receive up to two (2) SpaceCom Full Conference badges – an amazing $1,590 value. In addition, admittance to the workshop is free to all full SpaceCom registrants.
For more information and registration, visit: http://spacecomexpo.com/spacecom-entrepreneurship-workshop-competition/
George R. Brown Convention Center
1001 Avenida De Las Americas, Houston, TX 77010