Reducing the Cost of Health Care: Current Innovations and Future Possibilities
In the U.S., we waste an estimated one-third of our health care dollars each year. Administrative inefficiency, overuse of tests and procedures, and overpriced drugs add up to about $1 trillion per year in unnecessary costs. How do we bring those costs down without sacrificing the quality of patient care? Join the Texas Medical Center Health Policy Institute as we discuss the leading innovations in cost reduction with some of the country’s top health policy experts.
Agenda forthcoming at: http://www.tmc.edu/health-policy/programs/national-meetings/
- Mark McClellan, M.D., Ph.D., director, Margolis Center for Health Policy at Duke University, former administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, former U.S. Commissioner of Food and Drugs
- Marilyn Tavenner, MHA, president & CEO, America’s Health Insurance Plans; former administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Frederick Isasi, J.D., MPH, executive director, Families USA; Raymond C. Scheppach, Ph.D., Professor of Public Policy and visiting fellow for Economic Policy, University of Virginia; former executive director, National Governors Association
- Cindy Mann, J.D., Partner, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP; former deputy administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- George Masi, CHE, FACHE, president & CEO, Harris Health System
- Ken Janda, J.D., president & CEO, Community Health Choice
- Robert Morrow, M.D., MBA, President, Houston and Southeast Market, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Arthur “Tim” Garson, M.D., MPH, director, Texas Medical Center Health Policy Institute; former provost, University of Virginia
- Stephen Linder, Ph.D., associate director, Texas Medical Center Health Policy Institute; director, Institute for Health Policy at The University of Texas School of Public Health
To register for this free event, visit: https://tmchealthpolicyforum.eventbrite.com/
Complimentary off-site parking will be available in the South Extension Lot C. The physical address is 1552 William C. Harvin Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030. Shuttles will be continuously running to and from the event.
6550 Bertner Avenue, 6th Floor