Healthcare Debate: Will a Single Payer System Work?
Join the Adam Smith Society as we host a spirited debate over the pros and cons of having a single payer healthcare system in the United States. The event promises to be thought provoking as thought leaders on both sides of the issue challenge one another. All Adam Smith members and Rice students, faculty, staff and friends welcomed.
- Kevin Dillon, M.B.A. & C.P.A. – Senior Executive VP, COO/CFO, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
Treasurer, UT Physicians
- Seth Chandler, J.D. – Law Foundation Professor of Law at University of Houston Health Law & Policy Institute
- Allison Winnike, J.D. – President & CEO of The Immunization Partnership; Adjunct Professor at the University of Houston Law Center Health Law & Policy Institute; Adjunct Professor at the UTHealth School of Public Health
- Catherine Troisi, Ph.D. – Executive Board Member at American Public Health Association, Associate Professor at UT Health School of Public Health, & Former Assistant Director of Houston Health Department
- Michael S. Ewer, M.D, J.D., L.L.M, Ph.D., & M.B.A. – Physician and former Chairman of Ethics Committee & Conflict-of-Interest Committees at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center and Guest Professor of Law at the University of Houston Health Law & Policy Institute
- Joseph S. Bak, Ph.D. – Clinical Psychologist in private practice, activist member of Physicians for a National Health Program since 1991 and currently its local chapter Health Care For All Texas
- Ryan Holeywell – Communications Manager at TMC Health Policy Institute & award winning journalist published in Washington Post, Houston Chronicle, & USA Today
For more information and registration, visit: https://jones.campusgroups.com/smithsoc/rsvp?id=360130
Shell Auditorium, McNair Hall, Rice University Jones Graduate School of Business
McNair Hall, Loop Road
Houston, TX 77005