Cardiovascular Fellows’ Boot Camp
This condensed 3-day course in the fundamentals of cardiovascular sciences for fellows and residents is designed to upgrade knowledge early in training. It is targeted at first year vascular surgery, cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, vascular medicine, cardiothoracic anesthesia fellows and third year primary certificate cardiovascular surgery residents.
Trainees can choose from four tracks: cardiac surgery, cardiology,cardiothoracic anesthesia and vascular surgery.
- The cardiac surgery track will review cardiopulmonary bypass, coronary artery bypass grafting, aortic valve replacement, mitral valve techniques, aortic root replacement, and A-Fib ablation procedures.
- The cardiology track covers topics such as TEE/TTE interpretation using simulators, emergent hands-on management, tips and tricks for vascular access, cardiac catheterization, and a guided tour of cardiac and vascular anatomy from a surgeon’s point of view.
- The cardiothoracic anesthesiology track will cover essentials of hemodynamic monitoring, new concepts in cardiopulmonary bypass and coagulation management, intraoperative and rescue TEE, operative management of complex surgical patients, and hands-on TEE simulators.
- The vascular surgery track will demonstrate ultrasound-guided access, dissection and exposures on cadavers, and open vascular and endovascular surgical training.
Join us at the state-of-the-art Houston Methodist MITIE facilities and luxurious Hotel Zaza – Houston for an unforgettable weekend of cardiovascular education and networking.
Travel and Accommodations
- Hotel accommodations are provided for domestic out of town attendees.
- We are offering a stipend on a first come first serve basis for domestic out-of-town attendees (airfare & airport shuttle).
- To qualify for the stipend attendees must stay for the entire duration of the course.
For more information and registration, visit: events.houstonmethodist.org/2018cvbootcamp
Houston Methodist Research Institute
6670 Bertner Ave., 5th Floor
Houston, Texas 77030