The TMC Innovation Institute this week welcomed 23 digital health companies from three countries and nine states into its sixth TMCx accelerator class to begin a four-month program. They represent innovative solutions from applications for better patient experiences to a two-way texting platform aimed at eliminating phone tag between doctor’s offices and patients. The companies were hand-picked from more than 200 applications, and they join a community of more than 80 companies who have already gone through the program and have raised more than $150 million. Companies accepted into the new cohort include:
- Abaka Health (San Francisco) – Helps providers create a better end-to-end patient experience by bringing together the clinical and financial aspects of health care into one easy-to-use platform.
- Agathos (San Francisco) – Reduces unnecessary variation in hospital care via individualized metrics, actionable feedback and physician-led behavior change.
- well (Baltimore) – Empowers consumers by aggregating their health care data by providing incentivized care coordination, along with concierge and matching services.
- Deep 6 AI (Pasadena, Calif.) – Uses artificial intelligence on clinical data to increase the quantity of and find better-matched patients for clinical trials in minutes instead of months.
- DermaSensor (Miami) – Connected device that enables health care professionals and patients to efficiently check for skin cancer by leveraging cutting-edge technologies.
- Etyon Health (Chicago) – Artificial intelligence-enabled products and services that help health care leaders identify, improve and manage financial and patient outcomes faster and at a lower cost.
- Evidence Care (Nashville, Tenn.) – Clinical decision support tool that allows providers to access evidence-based treatment recommendations that are patient-focused, enhance the shared decision-making process and accelerate their EHR workflow.
- Gain Life (Boston) – Digital platform that uses personalized and adaptive behavior change programs to engage individuals in achieving better outcomes.
- Klikkit (Denmark) – Smart button and application that monitors, analyzes and improves habits and behaviors.
- Luminare (Houston) – Anti-sepsis SaaS that incorporates behavioral change and intelligence medical record augmentation.
- NarrativeDx (Austin) – Artificial intelligence platform designed to identify actionable insights from patient feedback to improve CAHPS scores, increase referrals and reduce nurse turnover.
- ORIntel (Houston) – Hardware and software solution that provides operational support and real-time operating room (OR) status to deliver a more cost-effective surgical suite to staff and patients.
- Particle Health (New York) – Blockchain-based platform that incentivizes health organizations to start sharing data in a decentralized, segmented and highly granular way.
- Patients We Share (Houston) – Workflow communication application which uses machine learning to foster connectivity within the health care ecosystem, aligning patients with the most appropriate providers, products and services.
- Revealix (Austin) – Innovative medical imaging software service designed to pioneer early discovery of diabetic limb complications, which is non-invasive, mobile and at the point-of-care.
- ScalaMed (Australia) – Next-generation blockchain solution for democratizing a patient’s health care data and creating an online market for medications.
- SenceTech (Austin) – Autonomous, continuous monitoring electrocardiogram and heart rate variability bracelet that uses a proprietary ECG/HRV cloud-based interpretation platform.
- Softcare Studios (Italy) – Immersive virtual-reality experience aimed at improving the well-being of patients undergoing painful and anxiety-provoking procedures during therapy.
- Strados Labs (Philadelphia) – Continuous breathing sensor that connects doctors with asthma and COPD patients to improve care management and remote patient monitoring.
- Sunrise Health (Boston) – Text-based group support for behavioral health patients that utilizes artificial intelligence tools to increase provider capacity and catch complications early.
- Trayt (Redwood City, Calif.) – Data collection and analytics company that provides insights and a daily road map to improve diagnosis, treatments and quality of life for patients with brain disorders.
- Trusted Health (San Francisco) – Opportunity platform for the modern nurse that connects top RNs to flexible nursing jobs at innovative employers.
- Well Health (Santa Barbara, Calif.) – An intuitive two-way texting platform for front offices and patients that eliminates phone tag and improves the health care experience.
Their first day began with an orientation from the Innovation Institute team and included a welcome lunch with TMCx advisors, time to get to know their fellow companies and concluded with a tour of the Texas Medical Center and presenting to special guests at Third Coast.
RT @BCMHouston_News: A cold can make you feel miserable for days. How can we avoid catching a cold, or even prevent one from developing? @b…
Spice up your week with this delicious chickpea curry recipe from @CHEFSanAntonio. https://t.co/L5qxm7E9tD
MD Anderson Cancer Center@MDAndersonNews
This week, patients and visitors can find a our holiday coffee carts out and about serving festive beverages. Thanks to our volunteers for helping to spread cheer. #endcancer https://t.co/J6wYRpp2aA
Here's why it's a bad idea for students to use energy drinks to help cram for exams: https://t.co/9F0um9sxnO
A @UTHealth large-scale review study on misleading medical videos was cited in this @Forbes story about why using #socialmedia for medical information is not a good idea: https://t.co/3Q533OwwEF
Tune in to @KPRC2 tonight at 10 p.m. to hear about meteorologist Frank Billingsley's journey with #ProstateCancer, his participation in UTHealth's innovative research with a @UTPhysicians doctor, and the results! https://t.co/yvpF7DDxfE #ManyFacesOfUTHealth
#OperationSong – “He Took My Place” by Gary Lima https://t.co/SlxZvipXYY via #VAntagePoint
RT @wishnj: Micaela has always dreamed of becoming a cardiothoracic surgeon. Her fondest wish came true when she traveled to the @Texas_Hea…
University of Houston@UHouston
RT @uhit: Attn #Coogs! Before you leave for the break, log into AccessUH to see when your CougarNet password expires so it'll be ready to…
MD Anderson Cancer Center@MDAndersonNews
Congrats to our P10 Nursing unit for winning our annual Holiday Tree Decorating Contest with their superhero-themed tree.Thanks to our employees who participated. You all deserve an award for bringing joy to our patients and caregivers this holiday season. #endcancer https://t.co/kK8TByXehe
CHI St. Luke's Health@CHI_StLukes
RT @sfoster23: So proud of @CHI_StLukes Patients Medical Center staff for supporting our Catholic Health Initiatives core values on Sunday…
RT @BCMHouston_News: .@medpagetoday reports on a new study showing a correlation between the #fluvaccine and a reduced risk of #heartfailur…
@SecureCommHou Thanks for sharing the news.
@almallahmo That's great! Thanks for sharing.